Thank you for your understanding and patience as we have begun this school year. We are continually evaluating ways to keep students safe and to improve our school. To that end I am excited to announce, Norwalk Catholic School (NCS) is updating our school lunch menu to include more traditional school lunches beginning on September 14 th . We have used the beginning of school to solidify our safe distribution of lunches to various locations and we feel confident we can now offer lunches more similar to what our families have come to expect. There will continue to be no ala carte (extra) offerings or
Option B choices at this time (other than milk for those packing). An additional, and equally exciting announcement is now NCS is offering free lunches to all enrolled students beginning immediately. We are able to offer this service due to COVID-19 supports the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) have put into place for schools. Currently, free lunches will be offered until the end of December. The program will continue as long as program funding is available.
It is important to note since this program will expire in December of 2020, effective January 1 st 2021 student eligibility status of record (free, reduced or full pay) will be used going forward. If you have qualified previously for free or reduced status or feel that your situation may qualify you for the program, please make sure the free and reduced application filing is up to date with NCS.
We are blessed to have this opportunity available and we thank God for His abundant gifts to us!
Lunch Menu Prices 2020-2021
|Lactose Free Milk||$0.75|
As we approach the 2020-2021 School Year with great anticipation, the cafeteria staff will continue to provide nutritious and great tasting lunches!
A couple small variations we would like to note for this year’s lunch service:
- To start the school year we will use lunch menus that will be efficient to prepare and serve/deliver. These will include main dishes, vegetables and other items that the cafeteria staff will not need to use kitchen equipment to cook. As in the past, meals will meet all nutritional standards as set by the Federal and State Government.
- Lunch counts will be documented in the morning by homeroom teachers (JH/HS) and classroom teachers (Pre-6th grade). This will aid the cafeteria staff with identifying daily meal requirements.
- There will be no lunch ala carte (extra) offerings (other than milk for packers) to start the year.
- Lunches for all students will be pre-packaged for portability. Please see the respective school building start up plans for lunch service details.
- Option B for all grade levels such as PB&J Uncrustables for Grades K-12 and turkey wraps for Grades 7-12 will not be offered to start the school year. Salads will not be offered at the start of school as well. This will allow lunch preparation to be more streamlined.
- If your student has a gluten free or allergy condition that needs to be addressed, please contact the cafeteria staff directly at 419-668-6597. Please provide a doctor order for the condition to the appropriate school office and the cafeteria staff.
- The Breakfast Program will be delayed to start the school year. Evaluation of the program will be made as the school year progresses.
- Families are encouraged to make Meal Magic account deposits using the Send Money to School website. Otherwise please use the Meal Magic deposit form and place cash/check in an envelope and give it to the homeroom teacher (JH/HS) or classroom teacher (Pre-6th grade). Deposits will be forwarded to the Business Office for processing. No financial transactions will be made during lunch service.