St. Paul High School/NCS Junior High Friday Flyer
This week our Flyer Family lost a tremendous woman. Mrs. Stephanie Frazee passed away to be with our heavenly Father after a six year illness. Our prayers are with her family and especially her children. I want to thank so many for your outpouring of support for this amazing woman. The most needed thing at this time is prayers for comfort and healing. We have our guidance counselor, Mrs. Pertner, available to talk with students if needed. From Revelations 21:4: “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
I would like to share the following email I received today from a St. Paul teacher. I omitted the grade and homeroom because it is representative of so many of our kids.
I just wanted you to know about my experience with the students in my Homeroom during the live stream of Mass today. We were experiencing some technical difficulties getting the live stream to work in my room. I tried the suggested solutions multiple times with no success. As my frustration was building, the students waited. One of the students suggested we get the Readings for the day and read them aloud in class. I thought that was a really good idea, so one of them began the search. Just as I was attempting to unsuccessfully refresh yet again, I heard the Alleluia come from the back of the room. One of the students had gotten the stream to work on their Chromebooks. God was intervening and working through that student. So we listened straining to hear every word. All of us, quietly, patiently, and reverently. Personally, it was one of the most impressive and spiritual events that I have ever had with a group of students. As long as I live, it will not be forgotten or not be appreciated. I have taught in other schools, other Catholic schools, but this place is special. Today, in Room XXX during live stream Mass, they proved it.
St. Paul Teacher
September 18, 2020
Lunch: $3.20 Milk: $ .50 Lactose Free Milk: $ .75
Chicken quesadillas, salsa, corn, Spanish rice, fresh veggies, pineapple, milk
Ham & Cheese sandwich, baked chips, fresh veggies, juice, Sidekick, pears, milk
Walking taco, black beans, steamed carrots, peaches, milk
Chicken nuggets, green beans, fresh veggies, fruit cocktail, milk
Macaroni & cheese, peas, fresh veggies, strawberry cup, roll & butter, milk
Due to our additional reporting requirements on attendance/illness and our mission to provide the highest quality Catholic education to our students, Norwalk Catholic School is updating the process in which students switch between In-Person Learning and Remote Access Learning.
If a family would like to switch between either model, the family must first reach out to the principal. The principal will reach out to the teachers to receive an update on the student attendance and academic status. Once the information is gathered the principal will collaborate with the family to decide between In-Person Learning and Remote Access Learning.
We are implementing this update to the process so we can ensure a consistent education for all students and to support our ability to collect and report data accurately. The exception to this process is if a student contracts COVID-19 or is determined to be a close contact, that student would transition to Remote Access Learning. Thank you for your understanding.
Parents if you have not done so already, please complete the school handbook signature page linked below (after reviewing the handbook which can be found on the school website). It is necessary that we have this immediately. Thank you. (Right click on this link and click on “open link”.)
Sept. 21 A Day schedule
Sept. 22 B Day schedule
Sept. 23 A Day schedule
Sept. 24 B Day schedule
Sept. 25 A Day Mass schedule
Sept. 29 Vision & Hearing testing for grades 7, 9 and 11
MEAL MAGIC: Please review your Meal Magic account balance by doing one of the following:
· Ask the cafeteria cashier
· Go on-line at www.sendmoneytoschool.com. You can follow the “Meal Magic Online Functionality” link on the NCS website to the Getting Started instructions
· Contact the NCS Business Office at 419-668-3005, x223 for balance information
1. Saturday School from 8 AM – 1 PM: You can get help with a specific subject or bring your chrome and get help getting organized. Come for a while or stay the whole time. NEW THIS YEAR: If you wish to come to Saturday School, you must sign up with Mrs. Whitehurst in the office by noon on Friday. If no students sign up, there will not be Saturday School that week.
2. Chromebooks: The Chromebooks are only active from 5:30am until Midnight, please use the off hours to charge. This downtime is necessary because Chromebooks do not charge well while in use.
3. PTO Dough Raising Night with Cameo Pizza Truck: Monday, September 21 from 4-8pm – Help the PTO raise some “dough” for student and teacher enrichment by enjoying an evening of great pizza from the Cameo Pizza Truck. Take the evening off from cooking! Pre-orders can be made online through the GiveSmart platform
https://PTODoughRaising.givesm... Pick-up orders at the Convo Parking Lot.
Questions? Contact Event Coordinator, Diana Linder @ 216-337-3858.
4. Shop News: Shop Small - Support local business in our area! The Freight House and Corso's Landscape both offer a generous 20% back on tuition when you purchase gift cards through the NCS Shop Program. New Look Salon, Hairway 61, Christian Roberts Salon & Spa, Pizza Post, Jake's Radiator, Jim's Pizza Box, Lyn Marie's Coffee On Main, Beauty Vault, Bluto's Hometown Tavern, Cameo/Eagle Creek and Executive Cleaner's all offer a generous 10% back on tuition. The Coffee Station and Sheri's Coffee house also participate. Schild's IGA and Miller's SuperValue offer a 9% rebate when you stop in at the service counter in their stores to load a gift card (just mention NCS Shop and they will get you started). Family and friends can also shop and earn on your behalf! Questions? Contact Kristen Penner, coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Homecoming Court and attendants
11th Grade - Megan Leibold and Joseph Nill
10th Grade - Josalyn Vazquez and Alexander Wynn
9th Grade - Elaina Herrig and Anthony Meyer
12th Grade Ladies - Morgan Baxter, Camille Endsley, Emma Livengood, Danielle Smith
12th Grade Men - Scott Adelman, Adam Baker, Thomas Pearce, Myron Stoll
Spirit Week Dress code:
Monday, September 21 Pajama Day
Tuesday, September 22 Battle of the Brands
Wednesday, September 23 Twin Day
Thursday, September 24 Frat Day
Friday, September 25 Flyer Attire
Boys Golf vs Western W
Boys Golf vs Plymouth W
Boys Golf vs Crestview W
Boys Golf vs Port Clinton L
Girls Golf @ Lady Colt Classic - 4th Place
Football vs New London 51-0 W
Volleyball @ Mapleton 3-0 W
Volleyball vs South Central 3-0 W
Boys team 2nd
Girls team 3rd