Dear NCS Parents,
We have many exciting activities planned for the school year! The students began working on knowing the Fruits of the Spirit, as a new behavioral system, to encourage positive behavior and provide interventions for behaviors that are negative. We call it the Faithful Flyer program. We are working on three of the twelve Fruits of the Spirit, which are Joy, Kindness, and Self-Control. Each area of our school has expectations of behavior in order for us to have joy, kindness, and self-control. The posters with guidelines are hung up in each room/area. The children are responding very well to this initiative and I am so proud of their behavior! Fr. Andrew and I will also be doing Random Acts of Kindness lessons within the classroom in grades 1-6 beginning the week of 9/9/19. The Faithful Flyer program, accompanied by the Random Acts of Kindness lessons are working towards our system-wide goals of improving the student experience and fostering a respectful community. We cannot do this without your help and guidance at home. Thank you for always working with us, but more importantly for sending us your children to minister to. The Norwalk Catholic Elementary recently elected new student council members! In fifth grade we congratulate: Kade Houck, Kennedie Frazee, Annie Friend, Kate Stieber, Sarah Gocsik, and Mia Taggart. In sixth grade we congratulate: Grady Naseman, Audrey Sanders, Gabbi Tomasulo, Morgan Endsley, and Chloe Hazelwood. Each student wrote an essay regarding why they wanted to be on student council and indicated ways to improve our school, giving the student body a voice. I am proud of our new members and look forward to a great school year!
God bless, Mrs. Englert
Menu for w/o September 9th:
Monday: Rotini w/Meat Sauce, Green Beans, Vegie Tray, Peaches, Garlic Toast and Milk
Tuesday: Hot Dog / Chili Dog, French Fries, Baked Beans, Orange Slices, Rice Krispy Treat, Milk
Wednesday: Popcorn Chicken Bowl, Mashed Potatoes/Gravy, Corn, Fruit Cocktail, Roll, Milk
Thursday: Taco Salad, Black Beans, Sweet Potato Fries, Veggie Tray, Sidekick and Milk
Friday: Boneless Wings, Broccoli, Veggie Tray, Pineapple, Soft Pretzel and Milk
What’s Happening the Week of September 9th?
-SHOP Orders due by 9am
-Emergency Drill (TBA)
-Grades 1-6 Mass – 9am
-PTO Meeting – ECC – 6:30pm
-Choristers – Choir room -3:15pm
-5th/6th Bible Study – 8am
-COSI on Wheels – Grades 1-6
-Mum Sale orders and money due
New Items this Week!!
We are currently attempting to change our alert system. A test was conducted on Thursday and we are working on some technical problems. We will be testing the new system again next week. Additional information will be sent next week about further tests.
SP Little Flower Girls Club begins soon! It’s not to late to register your 1-5th grader for this once monthly after school club that meets to promote growing holier one virtue at a time. Register by contacting the St Paul parish office. First meeting is on Friday September 13 from 3:30pm – 5pm in the gathering space. Email SPLittleFlowers@gmail.com for more information and for registration form.
Congratulations to Mrs. Sevit, Mrs. Ware, Mrs. Careless, and Sister Carolyn's classes! Their classes brought in over 150 boxtops/coke caps for the summer competition. Each class will enjoy ice cream sandwiches sometime next week!
Chorister News: There is still time to join the Choristers. Please return your commitment form and snack form to the school office as soon as possible. Choristers will begin practice next Thursday, September 12 after school at 3:15pm.
Family Eucharistic Adoration – A new approach to teach children and families about Eucharistic adoration in a family and kid friendly way! Join us at 6:15pm on Sunday September 15 in the St Paul Gathering space for a time of Eucharistic procession, adoration, learning and fellowship. ALL are welcome!
A note regarding the Uniform Exchange: IT HAS MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!
- The Uniform Exchange has moved from the music room, downstairs to the elevator room (two doors down from the elementary office) and has undergone a “makeover”. This endeavor took many hours of hard work and I want to thank all those involved in helping over the summer!
- The reason for the move is to have a more centrally located area for parents to access the exchange and to be able to maintain the room in a neat and orderly fashion.
- In the past, we have permitted parents to bring in clothes to label and sell them. However, we are changing the exchange to donations only. We want parents to be able to come in and take what they need for no charge, as well as, for parents to be able to drop off uniforms, putting them to great use.
- When we moved the exchange we sorted out numerous items and are very appreciative of the donations we have been given, however, some of the items are not within dress code. Please note the most common items, which we cannot accept are: pants with cargo pockets, “jean-type” pockets on the back of pants, jersey knit pants/bottoms, stained items, or torn/ripped items with holes. We work within the exchange on a volunteer basis and cannot accept items which are non-uniform or non-Flyer gear; it makes for more work to sort these items and deliver them to Goodwill. Thank you for your understanding.
- I am looking for a few parents who would be interested in helping to maintain the uniform exchange and sort new drop off donations, as well as tidy up the room from time to time. Please contact me if you are able to help with this task. I greatly appreciate your consideration. The uniform exchange is a wonderful way to work together to help all of our students to fulfill their uniform needs.
LEGO CLUB for 3rd and 4th graders! Next week, look for permission slips to come home for third and fourth graders to join Lego Club! Mrs. Carrie Baca and Mrs. Serena Bowles will be hosting Lego Club every Tuesday, from 3:15pm after school, until 4:30pm for 6 weeks in the Joan of Ark Building behind Dominos Pizza. There is no cost and parents must sign the permission slip and return, for students to be able to attend. More information is coming home next week! For questions, please email Mrs. Baca at firstname.lastname@example.org.
News worth Repeating!!
Student Presale Tickets for Varsity Sporting Events are available in the elementary office for $4 each. These YELLOW tickets must be purchased in advance. They are good at all home VARSITY games. These can also be used for all (home or away) Boy’s and Girls’ Fireland’s Conference varsity events. ALL TICKETS ARE $6.00 AT THE GATE.
SHOP News: Drop your orders off before 9AM on Mondays. Orders are delivered on Thursday afternoons. You are able to use the Shop Program anytime by signing up online at www.ShopWithScrip.com and using the enrollment code: CAC992C735L3. Contact Kristen Penner, SHOP Coordinator at email@example.com with any questions.
Meal Magic: Please take a few moments to review your student/students Meal Magic Lunch Account Balance. Meal Magic Balance can be obtained by:
- Asking the cafeteria cashier.
- Go on-line at www.sendmoneytoschool.com. You can follow the "Meal Magic Online Functionality" link on the NCS website to the Getting Started Instructions.
- Contact the Business Office (419-668-3005 x 223) for balance information.
Have a Great Week!!